Monday, January 19, 2015

Middle aged crisis ramblings to start 2015

There is one precious thing that long haul business flights can give me...time to think, above all. 2015...the year of the sheep...the third chinese zodiac cycle for me... No longer the same 23 year old travelling the world and collecting mileage and hotel points as accolades. I miss that jet-setting girl sometimes; this has got to be mid-life crisis finally, how do i stop this damned aging?

Still want to do something different, still want to change the world. But the spunk is somewhat muted now. New year resolutions this year, nothing new to shout about. Be a better mom, take care of myself, get a balanced life and give my best at work. Yea and just about do well in everything..."overachiever" someone whispers. Sad yet true...how much more of me is there left to give? Don't know.

So adding one new year wish for 2015...i wish for the blessing to be able to let it go, don't give a fuck...wadever u call it. It comes natural to some but i admit sadly, i am that sucker who just cares too much. I am aware some day my kids may read this and highly likely misinterpret but if that one day comes, i also wish for them, the ability to discern and not sweat the small stuff.

2014 could be seen by the outside world as a highly successful year for me. MBA dean's list, mommy of two smart, cute and active kids growing up super fast and a new fast paced job in a cool industry. But i think i aged more in this year alone than probably the last 5 yrs put together. Not sure if i can ever recover from the mental and physical assault but i am sure looking forward to 2015. There is nothing i have understood more this year than the phrase "there is only one pie regardless of how many ways you cut it"; multi-tasking is a fraud.

But then, that said...no regrets. I paid 150k for that donkey mba damn it, yes i have finally done it. Yes people have worse things on their bucket list okayyyyy...But hey, a few more good friends made along the way, lots of life takeaways and i still have a lot of future years to go and put all that to good use. 2015 will be different i swear, i don't want to miss my kids growing up to begin with.

Also, i want to continue writing and post more about my kids like i promised in the beginning of last year.

How is that for the first post of the year :)

Side tracking a little...i wonder if i have chalked up 500 flights yet by now. I suddenly wished i had counted...ok small voice in head, get out NOW, it does NOT matter! Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment